Sunday, January 11, 2015

Quick healthy mommy meals

Caring for and chasing a baby around all day makes me hungry, like really really hungry. But,all that chasing and crying and laughing and loving makes me completely lose track of time. I have to write down "eat lunch" on my daily to-do list, otherwise I will get so caught up in laundry/cleaning/nursing/playing that I forget to eat. I need to have easy and quick things to make (like under 5 minutes and 1 hand prep) because I generally have a baby fussing at me. If I forget to eat by 3 pm I am even crankier than usual and will eat anything/everything until I go to bed- NOT good. Also, since I am still nursing I need to eat high-protein meals to make the best milk possible. Some of these ideas come from my Sunday weekly prep ideas and some are from things I routinely keep in the kitchen. I am BIG on whole grains and lean protein- mamas need to fuel their bodies! 

Tuna, cottage cheese, tomato, and sirracha 


This is one of my go-to meals that protein-packed, quick to make, relatively cheap, and can be made the in the morning and keeps until the afternoon in the fridge or a lunch box. I ate this before being a mom- I used to take it to work with me to eat at least 3 times a week. I love it so much that I crave it. 

Other ideas:
-Quinoa with baby tomatoes & spinach with tuna or grilled chicken and mustard or Sirracha
-Egg sandwich (whole grain toast, over easy egg, spinach, tomato) 
-Protein bar and raw fruit or veggies 
-Ezekiel cinnamon raisin toast with almond butter and sliced banana
-Total cereal or Multigrain Cheerios with skin milk and fruit 
- Flatout spinach wrap with tuna, spinach, and mustard 
- Hummus with cherry tomatoes, carrots, and broccoli
- Oatmeal with banana, blueberry, or strawberries 
- Protein shake with fruit 

No comments:

Post a Comment