Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Eating Clean Chicken Noodle Soup in a Slow Cooker

This is perfect for a cold, snowy day like today! This took 5 minutes of prep time (I bought pre-chopped onion) and is lean and clean! I am also a huge slow cooker fan so this recipe fit me perfectly. The original recipe I am altering called for chopped celery, but I am really not a celery fan so I decided to substitute mushrooms.

- 2 lbs raw chicken cut into 2 inch pieces
- 6 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 4 cups chopped carrots
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- a dash of sea salt
- 8 ounces of whole wheat pasta

Add everything (except noodles) to slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours. During the last hour of cooking the noodles can be added to the soup and then cooked for an hour before serving OR the noodles can be cooked separately and added in during the last 10 minutes of cooking. Enjoy!

xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment